Tuesday, December 12, 2017

But That Cashmere Tho


So, I ripped out the cashmere glove. It was too big, and I didn't like it. But now what to make with this yarn?? I really wanted to make something for myself before Christmas, but I'm not sure that will happen, so maybe I can make something during Christmas "break" (not really a break, as I'm not working out of the house anymore, we have a 9-month-old, and we'll be traveling, but whatever) and call it a compromise.

Here's a swatch with the yarn, which if you've forgotten is Filatura di Crosa Solocashmere, and it's 100% cashmere, which you could have guessed because "solo" and "cashmere." The only place I could find to buy it online is here, but I think that's only because it's a new yarn? White yarn is a little hard to photograph, so here are two different angles.


On the top of the swatch, I used size 4 needles, which is smaller than the size recommended on the label, but I love how dense and luxurious the fabric feels at this gauge. On the bottom, I used size 7 needles- the recommended size. At the larger gauge it's basically like a fluffy cloud and I bet a sweater knitted at that gauge would feel like heaven. The yarn has a slight halo, but there's still good stitch definition. Do I make something that goes around my neck? The yarn is certainly soft enough for next-to-skin wear (again, duh, cashmere). Or do I try again with gloves or maybe mittens?


My sister loves orange, so I was actually thinking that maybe I'll do something with the orange and cream together, like striped wrist warmers. But I dunno, that would be *awfully* generous of me, seeing as how this is cashmere...

Again, thanks to Filatura di Crosa for the yarn for review.

No comments:

Post a Comment