Thursday, February 6, 2014

A modification of the Everett

A couple of weeks ago, during my nightly 3 to 4:30 am insomnia time, I was thinking about my Everett Henley, and how it might be neat as a cardigan. I have zero hand knitted cardigans. I don't know why, because I love wearing them. I seriously wear cardigans all the time. So, with the Holla Knits Knitalong happening now, I thought, eh, it's as good a time as any to knit an Everett cardigan.

I had this orchid yarn in my stash from a failed purple-and-orchid leopard print pullover. Yeah. Actually.


I've done one full repeat of the lace. I have approximately eleventy million markers in there. I forgot that this pattern is, well, tricksy. But lovely! Everyone should most definitely make one. 

I'm not sure that I'm going to work on this continuously, because I have a lot of other things to knit, but it feels good to get it started. Surely I can have it finished by April or so, when I imagine it will still be cool enough to need a cardigan. 

No comments:

Post a Comment