Tuesday, October 31, 2017

October Cardigan, just sneaking it in

I finished my October Cardigan from Knitscene Fall like, um, two months ago maybe? A little less? But today it occurred to me that I should take pictures and talk about it while we're still in October. Nothing like waiting until the very last minute.


Overall this is a simple cardigan with some fun details. It has welts across the upper back and front shoulders, and these nifty curved pockets. It's knitted in pieces and seamed, which I used to totally hate, but I'm coming around on it. 

I used Malabrigo Rios in the color Water Green that I got from someone's destash on Ravelry. I hadn't used this yarn before, but I'm glad I picked it out because I totally love it. It reminds me of Madelinetosh Vintage without the hefty price tag. It's a nice firm yarn, which is especially helpful if you're going to be doing a lot of seaming.


Didn't make any modifications, really. Size 37, and I think it took 6 skeins? Or 7? I've forgotten. It took one less than I bought. 

This was a nice, soothing knit, good for the few months post-baby when my brain wasn't on yet. Big swaths of stockinette to zone out to while basically just waiting for the baby to wake up, again. Luckily we're now past that stage, because wow does it suck being zombie tired literally all the time.


My Jack-O-Lantern baby is lurking in the background. Happy Halloween!

No comments:

Post a Comment