Monday, May 22, 2017

A sweater for me

Front on the needles, back done and folded.

Right before I had my baby- like, the evening before I went into labor- I started a sweater for me. I had a sweater quantity of Knit Picks Swish on hand, which is rare for me- most of the time I don't have a single sweater quantity. I mostly have single skeins which is not a good way to buy yarn, but I keep doing it. I've had KleverKnits's Camden pullover in my Ravelry queue for ages, and the yarn/pattern combo seemed like a good match so I went for it.

Cat fur. Always cat fur.

I am making some modifications. I'm cabling every 6th row instead of every 4th, just to save time. I also reversed the direction of the cables to make it easier to cable without a cable needle, because that's how I roll these days. I'm lengthening the body because as written, 15" to the armholes is too short for me. I'm going with 16.5". I also might lengthen the armholes, but I'm not sure because I'm not there yet. I'm definitely going to pick up stitches around the armholes and knit the sleeves top-down, because any time I can avoid a seam I'm doing that.

A week or two ago the baby started going to bed at around 8 instead of around 10, so I've finally had some time to myself. I finished the back a couple days ago and I've made decent progress on the front so far. I'm hopeful that this sweater will be done by mid-June-ish so that I can start something else. I was looking around my craft room just now and... I've got a lot of yarn. Everything looks cluttered, and I dislike clutter. I want to knit down some stash. (Same applies to fabric and sewing- too much stash, not nearly enough time.)

1 comment:

  1. Haha, you know you can't leave the house without cat fur! I'm not a huge fan of pink in general, but THIS pink is rather glorious. And I've been knitting Kat Coyle's hat (several times) lately, so I guess pink can be fun.

    ReplyDelete