Tuesday, October 6, 2015

Hooray for Fall!

I knitted a pumpkin.


Sometimes I need rewards to make myself do stuff I don't wanna. Like a toddler. I was working on a new design, and I'd been putting it off and putting it off, so finally late last week, I told myself that if I finished the design work, I could knit a pumpkin for my dining room table. Annoyingly, the design work only took me like an hour, so I could have just sucked it up and gotten it done earlier, but apparently I needed a bribe. So new design done, I looked in my yarn stash, and I actually had the perfect yarn for a pumpkin. One skein of Knit Picks Wool of the Andes in Persimmon Heather, or as it should be called, Perfect Pumpkin Color. I sort of loosely followed this pattern, but mostly I just wanted to use up the whole skein, so I knitted the middle part of the pumpkin until I thought I had the right amount of yarn left to shape the top. Then I improvised a stem with some brown, and now I think it needs a couple little tendril things, but I'm not sure yet. Thoughts? Or maybe add a leaf?

Also, I finished these socks:


Honeybadger in Dream in Color Smooshy

And I started the second one of these socks.


Leftover sock yarn rainbow socks, 60 sts on US 1.5 needles

Progress. Now for some cool weather so I can wear my new socks.

No comments:

Post a Comment