Monday, February 2, 2015

New Pattern: the Lisburn Cowl

A couple months ago, my brain came up with an idea for a unique cowl. It was flat, not round, and had pointy ends that turned into i-cord ties, and each tie threaded through a buttonhole in the pointy ends. There were cables on the flat part, and applied i-cord along the edges. I drew it out, and thought about knitting it, and put it away for awhile, but my brain would not let it go. So, I gave in and designed the thing. I knew I wanted it to be knitted with bulky yarn, and the only stuff I had on hand was some white Knit Picks Brava Bulky, which is an acrylic yarn. No, I don't know why I had acrylic, either, but I did, and now it's this sort of odd cowl.

I learned a very valuable lesson whilst trying to get this pattern ready for release. Never, never knit a sample in white yarn. This puppy is absolutely impossible to photograph. I messed with the photos so much to try and coax some shadows out of the cables. This is actually a lesson I've already learned (shocker) with my Ghost Stories pullover- that is a gorgeous pattern, if I do say so myself, but it's not popular, and I'm sure it's because the sweater details are not at all visible in the photos. Boo. There is a 0% chance I will find time to knit another sample in a color, and I can't pay a sample knitter to do it because money. Anyway! Back to the cowl.

Meet the Lisburn Cowl.

See what I mean about not being able to see any details? Boo.

I'm glad I got it out of my head, even if no one else likes it, which seems likely. I had a hell of a time finding testers for this pattern. 


Interested? Until Mardi Gras, get the pattern for just $2. Heck, you can't even get a cup of coffee for that. 
Ravelry Link! and for anyone in the EU: Loveknitting Link!

No comments:

Post a Comment