Thursday, October 30, 2014

In which we can't finish a set.


Look at this nonsense: that's two complete, DIFFERENT socks. Who am I? This is not a thing I do! I'm such a monogamous sock knitter- finish one, immediately cast on for the second just so that things like this never, never happen. No single socks in my world. But after I finished the blue one (Jaywalker by Grumperina) I didn't have it in me to start the second one. That sock has 72 stitches, people. My usual sock has 60, so that 72 stitch business felt like it took forever. For-ev-ver. Plus it was sort of fiddly, and that's not how I like my socks. Sock + yarn went into a project bag and into my knitting basket while I knitted other things. I admit that I felt guilty about it. It haunts me from the knitting basket.


Other things like... this totally goofy self-patterning sock. I bought the yarn with the intent of making it into socks for my brother for his birthday, but when the yarn showed up it was, well, girly. That pink and purple did not look like that online. So socks for me it is. This is my first time using self-patterning yarn, and I think that maybe it's just not my thing. Kinda goofy. When I was knitting this sock, hubbs told me repeatedly that it was weird. Thanks dear, I know... This sock has also been shoved into a project bag and stuffed in the knitting basket, because when I was about 2 inches in to the sock I realized that I needed the needles for a promised design that I am sort of behind on. So I knitted like the wind to free up the needles, and the second goofy sock will just have to wait.


And just for funsies, here's a sneak peak of a three-pattern ebook that should be ready for release in 2 or 3 weeks. Eeeee! I worked hard on this so I'm excited to show you the designs! Stay tuned.....

1 comment:

  1. well, these look very interesting indeed! I'm glad I'm not the only one who has suddenly found themselves with Second Sock Syndrome. I REALLY don't have a problem with it. But, I kid you not, I have like 8 single socks right now and I have NO IDEA how it happened! : )

    ReplyDelete