Thursday, June 12, 2014

I have a pattern in Knitty!

I cannot even tell you how excited I am that I have a pattern in the First Fall 2014 issue of Knitty. I did a lot of squealing when I got the email from the editor, saying she wanted to publish my pattern. I bet every dog for 10 miles heard me. 


The pattern is called Delaware is for Cables, and it's a hat in two styles: close-fitting beanie, or slouchy with a pompom. When I designed this pattern, I started with the antler cable, because I think that the antler cable is just about the best cable. Then I added the smaller cable and twist-stitch mock cables around it for fun and added texture. I can't resist the lure of pompoms, so once I finished the beanie version, I did a pompom version, too. The slouchy-ness is achieved simply by switching to larger needles after the first inch. Easy! 


I actually knitted the first version of this pattern in January. Then, for reasons best known to no one, I sat on it for a couple of months. When I finally got around to thinking about publishing, the call for submissions for Knitty came out, and I was like, eh, why not go for it! So I submitted, and.... success. Glorious, fantastic success. 


You don't need much yarn, and it knits up quickly, making this pattern great for holiday gifting, or for when you just need a quick, cable-y, fun project! 

Are you planning to knit your own Delaware hat? I hope so! You'll like it, I promise.  :)


4 comments:

  1. This hat was the first thing that caught my eye in the latest Knitty! I'll admit it was the Delaware that caught my attention, because I've lived there my whole life, but I really like the look of the hat, too. I think I'll have to make this one. Congrats on getting published!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a cute hat! Will have to make one for the fall :) (ill also need to find a copy of Knitty...)

    ReplyDelete