Thursday, March 1, 2012

A yarn dilemma, perhaps.

Since I got my latest Vogue Knitting (the spring/summer issue), I cannot stop thinking about this top.


How beautiful is that? I recognize the lace pattern as the Frost Flowers one that's on the cover of Barbara Walker's first stitch treasury book. I've always loved that pattern, and I think it works so well on this top. I can picture myself wearing this all the time. I mean, all the time.

The yarn called for in the pattern is something that seems obscure- it's Bahia, a viscose/acrylic blend that only has 80-something projects on Ravelry. Number of projects on Ravelry is how I judge a yarn. I'm a judger. So I looked and looked for that yarn, but I can't find it anywhere on the interwebs. Also- perhaps I'm just ignorant here- is a man-made fiber really going to block that well? This looks like a lace pattern that requires severe blocking. So that makes me think that I should use an animal fiber, but this is a tank top, and I live in California, so maybe I should use cotton, but that will probably be super heavy... this is what the inside of my brain has been like for the last few days. Round and round. It's just yarn, Emily. Get it together, right? I need to just pick something so I can make it. I really want to make it.

No comments:

Post a Comment