This is Hachure by Bristol Ivy. I've been sort of obsessed with Bristol Ivy for awhile now, but this is the first thing I've made from one of her patterns. I'll admit that I had some struggles. As you can probably tell from the photos, the construction is really unusual. I'm cool with that so long as there's a schematic to help out, but... there isn't with this pattern. The shoulders were a real mind bender- I spent an embarrassing amount of time trying to figure out how to seam those together. It also isn't clear from the instructions where this sweater actually starts. For reference, it's the bottom front point of the triangle. I just felt like the whole pattern would have been way, way more user friendly with a couple more words in strategic places for clarity. And a schematic. Good god it needs a schematic.
That mitering is super cool though, right? The construction of this means you have to pretty much knit straight from the pattern, no modifications, which is too bad, because the armhole/shoulder area is just a bit tight on me.
I knitted my Hachure with Mrs. Crosby Satchel. It was sort of splurge on WEBS but it's so pretty. It's a single ply, so it was no good for seaming- I used similar colored sock yarn for that. I bought 4 skeins of the MC and one of the CC, and I swear that I only used 3 of the MC but I can't for the life of me find the 4th. Therefore I must assume that I used 4, not 3. Hmm.
You can read all of my detailed notes here if you feel like it.
Also don't forget to enter my giveaway for a copy of my latest Knit Picks book here! Contest closes this Saturday (July 2).