Sunday, June 19, 2016

Knitscene Handmade

I'm so far behind... eesh. A new Knitscene was published um... a month ago, and I have two patterns in it!


 This is the yearly "special" issue of Knitscene. I think that it's usually an accessories issue, but this year, it's a bit random. There are patterns for men, a bunch of patterns for neckwear, and a section of patterns for babies. I've got a scarf pattern and a baby blanket pattern in this issue.

This is the Dillon Scarf:

photo copyright: Knitscene

It's a simple lace scarf (or since it's on a man I guess we should call it "openwork"), worked in two pieces from the bottom up, with a garter stitch "bridge" in the middle. And it has fringe. Fringe is fun. I knitted the sample in an amazing, super soft, incredibly light weight yarn- Amano Yarns Puyo. It seriously weighs nothing. I really loved knitting with it. 


photo copyright: Knitscene

Two textures/two colors. This one is an easy knit- it uses the intarsia method to switch colors. I knitted this sample in Ewe Ewe Yarns Wooly Worsted- another great yarn. Very soft, great colors, not splitty at all. It's machine washable, which is by far the most important thing in a baby knit. 

You can see all the patterns here, and buy the magazine here

No comments:

Post a Comment