Wednesday, March 28, 2012

A finished sweater, pretty much.

I finished this sweater awhile ago, and finally, we had some sun today, so I took some photos. It unfortunately does not fit. I feel like this is the story of my knitting life lately.


It's too short, doesn't fit in the bust, and the sleeves are a bit tight. However, it was an excellent all-around sweater design lesson, in addition to being several smaller lessons, such as Measure Your Arms Better; Yes, You Really Do Want That V-Neck As Low As You Think; and the always classic If The Wool Looks Felty In The Skein, It Will Probably Look Felty As A Sweater.

However, it was a quick, enjoyable knit, so I think I'll just make another one that actually fits. Perhaps in a non-felty yarn this time, too. Love the color, though! I made this from Malabrigo Worsted in the colorway "hollyhock". It's a lace pattern I got out of a Barbara Walker book, and the rest came out of my head. Next time, some paper and pencil first, eh?


No comments:

Post a Comment