Monday, February 13, 2012

New Yarn!


Lately, I've been into kettle dyeing yarn. Well, actually, I've been into hand painting, but that's really not working out for me, so the yarn keeps ending up in the kettle to try and "fix" it. It generally works. Here's one that I'm actually pretty happy with:



I put it in my etsy shop. It was a hard decision. I can totally picture myself wearing socks knit from that yarn. I loves it. But, I'm trying this thing where I don't have more yarn than I can reasonably knit in my lifetime. It requires constant vigilance. It's so easy to fall down and add a few or 10 skeins to my jimmy beans online shopping cart. So that means that yarn dyed for the etsy shop goes into the etsy shop. This one, though... it might get accidentally deleted and end up in my stash. We'll see.

Here are two more skeins I did:

One I love, one, not so much. I'll give you a hint. The one I love ended up in the kettle. Perhaps I'm just not good at hand painting yarn? The blueish one is supposed to look like a peacock. Instead, it looks like an old, tired peacock that someone left in their attic to fade for about 50 years. It makes me sad, and I don't know how to fix it. I think that if I put it in the kettle, it will just end up brown and muddy. Maybe I'll just dye it black and pretend that's what was supposed to happen all along.

No comments:

Post a Comment