Tuesday, September 22, 2015

New Pattern: Bakdash Jumper

Last week, the September issue of Knit Now magazine came out, and my Bakdash Jumper is on the cover! Eeee!


Once I mailed the sample off to England I had to knit another sample for myself. The magazine sample is knitted with King Cole Merino Blend Aran, a yarn not widely available in the US (I think), so for my own sweater, I picked Cascade 220 Superwash Aran, in Emerald (PS: I am having A Thing with Emerald right now) which is a relatively new yarn. It's AWEsome. I loved knitting with this yarn. It's super soft, and most importantly, it's a true aran weight, which is what I needed for this pattern. Also: aran weight = crazy quick. I think I made this sweater in about 2 weeks, and I wasn't really focused on it. 


This sweater is a top-down raglan. I actually wish I would have put some waist shaping in my sweater; I didn't in the pattern because I thought it would take up too much printed space, which I knew was tight. That's something I'll likely change when rights revert to me. I made the Medium- the magazine sample is a Small and it was just a bit tight on me when I tried it on. 



Other than wishing I'd put in waist shaping, I love this sweater. It's cozy and comfy, and I can't wait for some cooler weather down here in the swamp so that I can actually wear some sweaters! Tomorrow is the first true day of fall, so here's hoping for some crisp mornings. I will likely keep hoping until about November, but what can you do. 




No comments:

Post a Comment