Sunday, September 13, 2015

Beatitude Cardigan: Progress.


Hey look! A good portion of a sweater! I'm sort of embarrassed to say that this sweater has been sitting in my knitting basket, looking exactly like this, for over a month. It's the sleeves! I just don't want to knit them! I don't know why; it's not like they're going to be hard. They're just stockinette until a couple inches before the cuff, then there's a bit of colorwork. Easy. I just need to force myself to do it, because then I'll have a new cardigan for fall! After I tackle the beast know as The Steek, that is. I'm a little nervous about that.

This is the Beatitude Cardigan by Katy Banks. I started it back in April, I think. Non-design knits don't get completed quickly around here, that's for sure. There is simply not enough knitting time in my day. But I do what I can, and now I have a sweater body. I'm pretty sure my gauge changed a lot from the colorwork part to the stockinette part, so I'm hopeful that a good solid blocking will even that out. I'm using Knit Picks Palette so it should take well to an agressive blocking. 


That twisted rib nearly did me in. It felt like it took for-EV-er. I think it probably felt that way because I had to pay attention to it, unlike the stockinette body that I practically knit while sleeping. Or reading, or watching sportsball, or whatever. But the ribbing, that took actual attention and I didn't like doing it. But now it's done, and we're on to sleeves.


 I love the colors I picked. I really can't wait to wear this, so I guess that means I should stop typing and go knit, right? Also it's Sunday and football is on and it's not a bajillion degrees outside for once, so I can pretend that fall is here, and that makes me happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment