Friday, January 26, 2018

New Pattern: Cavanaugh


Last fall, I saw a call for submissions for the online magazine Knotions (which is sort of like Knitty), asking for a few patterns for openings they had in the January issue. I had a hat pattern that I'd been working on for, oh, a couple years (embarrassed cough) and I was like aha! an opportunity! So I submitted a picture of the mostly-done hat, it was accepted, and here we are. Now it's published.


This is Cavanaugh. It's a basic stocking hat with a big Celtic knot cable, on a background of reverse stockinette. My sample took less than one skein of Malabrigo Rios (leftover from my October cardigan that I love so very much). It's a great pattern to knit if you want to get better at cabling, or at reading charts. That's what's great about hats- they are small, portable learning projects! Plus you end up with something useful at the end.

Cavanaugh comes in three sizes. I'm wearing size 20.5" on my 22" noggin. Best of all, it's a free pattern!


Please enjoy this moody shot of me sitting against my mossy wall. Hello, Louisiana. If you like Cavanaugh, consider giving it a heart or putting it in your queue on Ravelry! 

No comments:

Post a Comment