Tuesday, July 26, 2016

New Pattern: Amelia Hat in Knitscene Fall

Two Knitscene issues in a row for me!! Terribly exciting. I love working with Knitscene- they're so easy, really professional, and always do everything on time. Unfortunately that's not always the case in the knitting world. 


My contribution to the Fall 2016 issue is the Amelia Hat. How cute is this picture?


It's part of the Singles story- a bunch of patterns knitted with single-ply yarn. This hat knits up super quickly in Blue Sky Alpacas Bulky, a super bulky alpaca/wool combo. And now that I mention it, I think the company changed from Blue Sky Alpacas to Blue Sky Fibers since I knitted this sample. Hard to keep track of everything going on in the world. 

The Amelia Hat features a super simple mock-cable twist stitch pattern, with a garter stitch brim and a great big pompom. By now you surely know about my love of pompoms. I personally look goofy in hats that don't have pompoms, so I tend to design with that in mind. 

You can get the single pattern here or download the whole (adorable) issue here. Christmas gifts anyone? This hat knits up super quick! (I say like I've got any sort of plan for Christmas, or even for the next week. I do not have Christmas gifts planned. I am not that organized.)


1 comment:

  1. I got this issue recently, and did notice your name attached to this cute hat. Hats are a knitter's "instant" gratification; having it made in a bulky yarn just makes it that much quicker! Nyah, nyah -- I've already got a scarf (lace), a wrap (cables), and a double-knit cowl in the long term planning (aka gifts) box!

    ReplyDelete