Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Yet another new pattern

Unexpected radio silence over here! Life has been absolutely nuts this past month. Plus, I've only been knitting things that I'm not yet allowed to show on the interwebs. Seriously. That's a thing. Tons of knitting, no blogging.

But! I published yet another pattern last week. This is the Bellefonte Cardigan, an entirely out-of-season cozy blanket-type cardigan. It's knitted in what may in fact by my favorite yarn of all time: Dream in Color Classy. I knitted my sample in only 7 days because I loved the yarn so much. When it came in the mail, I pulled it all out of the box and just sat on my couch hugging it. My husband walked into the room and was like, um. Are you hugging that yarn? Yes. Yes I am.

As an aside, I am continuing with my trend of naming patterns after places in Delaware. Bellefonte is a town in Northern Delaware. I find all of these names from a list on Wikipedia. Seriously.


Details!

Yarn: Dream in Color Classy, 100% Merino, 250 yards per 113 grams
MC: Prince William; 4(5, 5, 6, 7, 7, 8) skeins
CC: Punky Fushia; 1(1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 2) skeins

The colorwork section is an excellent opportunity to use up that skein of highly variegated yarn that you don’t know what to do with. Just make sure it contrasts well with your main color!

Because of the open fronts, you may be confused as to what size you should make. It may help to take your cross-back measurement (from underarm to underarm) and use that to determine your size.
Full bust sizes: 33.5(37, 40, 43, 46.5, 48, 51.25) 
Corresponding cross-back measurements:16.75(18.5, 20, 21.5, 23.25, 24, 25.5)



Bellefonte Cardigan
$6 on Ravelry, no account needed!

No comments:

Post a Comment