Sunday, March 16, 2014

In which it takes me all winter to get FO photos.

I finished this sweater ages ago. Ages and ages. I have no excuse for not getting FO photos for literally months. But... here it is! My finished Agnes. It's.... ok. I'm not in love with it. Wanna know why? Ok. Twist my arm.

(Heck yes I wear my pink sweaters with red pants!)
  • Turns out I knit top-down seamless sweaters for a reason. I hated seaming all of the pieces. 
  • The shoulders are too wide. I feel like a doofus when I wear it. I actually can't wear it all day, because the wide shoulders + slightly too high underarm seams really start to bug me, and I get crabby and can't figure out why, then I change my sweater and everything is sunshine and rainbows again.
  • The ribbing on the bottom flips up really badly. I'm annoyed with myself for that, because before I cast on, I read other people's notes on Ravelry and they all said to knit the ribbing on a smaller needle. I took note of this, meant to do it, and then did not. It actually bothers me enough that I might unseam that part and re-knit the ribbing.

I think that's all. I did make some mods that I'm sure help with my feelings toward the sweater.
  • I moved the increases toward the edges. The pattern is written with 3 stitches between decreases and edge. I changed it to be just one stitch, and I like it way better, especially around the neckline. 
  • I lengthened the sleeves to be full-length.
  • I tapered the sleeves quite a bit more than the pattern called for, and I actually wish I'd done it a bit more. They are still a bit loose around the wrists. 
  • I lengthened the torso by about 1.5" (this is a typical adjustment for me).
I mean, I don't regret making the sweater. I just wish it was more perfect. It's hard to spend so much time making something that is not perfect. On a happy note, the color is pretty. I do love orchidy-pinks. Geesh, what a girl. 

2 comments:

  1. Oh, I hate it when something I've spent so much time on turns out kind of "meh" for me. However, it looks beautiful - even if it makes you crabby to wear! - and, I love the color, too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I do love the color, and really, I've worn this a ton this winter. Turns out the East Coast is much colder than California. Who knew? :)

      Delete