Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Dela-what?


We're moving to Delaware in the fall. Yup, Delaware. I shall leave my beloved California and journey to the land of soft-shell crab, historical reenactments, and really old houses. I may have said this a few times, but... I love, love, love all things nautical. Delaware- it feels nautical to me. So I informed my husband that our new house in Delaware is going to be decorated in an entirely nautical fashion. The whole thing. Luckily a good portion of our California house is already nautical, so I can just redistribute in Delaware. I did make us a new set of oven mitts, though. We didn't have any nautical oven mitts, and that was just a shame.



They were pretty quick. The chevron (I know, it's everywhere) is Riley Blake, and I just did some simple chevron quilting with Insul-Brite, a layer of cotton batting, and the fabric. I made the lining separately this time, which I really like, because now there are no visible seams.


I was making a "dress" I bought at Target longer, because my entire butt showed if I so much as leaned forward, and I had some extra fabric, so I needle-turn-appliqued a heart to one of the mitts. I forgot that I don't like to hand applique, but it was just a small piece, and it's cute. 


Now I think I need to learn to screenprint so I can make us some anchor-printed tea towels to go along with these oven mitts. If everything we own is not nautical, maybe they won't let us into Delaware. So it's best to be sure. 

No comments:

Post a Comment