Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Possibly the most cheerful socks ever

Aren't they springy?


I definitely knitted these when I was supposed to be knitting other things, but they make me happy, so I don't care. Plus, they were super quick. I think I made each sock in two sittings. That's the great thing about self-striping yarn; it does all the work, and you just zoom around in stockinette. Especially if you have Addi Lace Turbos, like I do. It changed my sock knitting world, people, getting those needles. I loves them.



They are made from about 1.5 skeins of Knit Picks Felici in "Peachy". Just a simple cuff-down sock with short-row heels and a really shallow toe, because I have, as my husband likes to say, troll toes that kind of just go straight across. I had a moderately hard time making sure the stripes matched, because when I was looking for another orange section, the second skein was mostly yarn barf. I hate that. 


I got to wear them once. Now it's too warm for socks, especially wool ones. A little frustrating for now, but I bet when fall comes around, I will be stoked. A drawer full of hand-knit socks? Yes please.

No comments:

Post a Comment