Monday, March 19, 2018

Nautical + Southwestern

The April issue of I Like Knitting was published a couple of weeks ago and I've got two patterns in it!

First is the Painted Desert Wall Hanging. This was totally fun to knit because I just basically doodled with yarn. I had a stack of Cascade yarns and went to town. The wall hanging features loop stitch, moss stitch, some colorwork, a pointed bottom, and fringe. Fun fun.



Second, the Boathouse Row Vest. I got to use Plucky Knitter Lodge Fingering for this one- my first time knitting with Plucky. I understand the hype now. It's great yarn! This vest has a hem at the bottom, wide red and white stripes, an i-cord tie, and rolled stockinette edgings. It's perfect to throw on over a simple outfit in the summer. I think I'll have to knit this one in my size!


I Like Knitting is a subscription-only online magazine. I would highly, highly encourage everyone to subscribe- there are 25 to 30 patterns in every issue (published bi-monthly) and they are awesome. If you like even 1 pattern an issue, it's worth the money to subscribe for the year. Ok, sales pitch over. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment