Thursday, November 20, 2014

New ebook: Autumn in North Dakota

Part of my husband's research is based in North Dakota, his homeland, which is super convenient for us, because when he has work meetings there, we can both go and stay with his folks. In September, he scheduled a meeting there for mid-October, we bought plane tickets, and I thought, you know what I should do? Write an ebook of three or four patterns and photograph them while we're there! I'm so smart! Then I started knitting and realized that by "smart," I actually meant "nutso," because time, and the lack thereof. I didn't want to let go of my idea, so I knitted like the wind, managed to finish a sweater, a cowl, and the cuff of one mitten, got on the plane, finished the first mitten, arrived in North Dakota, finished the second mitten, did my North Dakota autumn photo shoot literally the day before all of the pretty leaves fell off the trees, and breathed a big sigh of relief. If not relief, then resolution to not to that to myself again. I'm pretty proud of myself for pulling it off with so little planning time, but I'm also disappointed because I had plans for a hat, too, and now I'm being ridiculous.

Here it is! Autumn in North Dakota: three designs to keep you warm on the prairies. 

The three patterns: 
Ghost Stories, a top-down raglan with matching front and back cable panels


Sizes: 34.25 (36.5, 39, 41.5, 44, 47)
Yarn: Cascade 220 Superwash. You'll need 4 (5, 5, 6, 7, 7) skeins.

$6 on Ravelry, no account needed

Fireside Cowl, a heavily textured, twist-stitch cowl with a drawstring to keep the chill out

One size, about 10 inches tall and 11.5 inches across.
Yarn: Dream in Color Classy. To make a cowl this size, you'll need the whole skein.

$4 on Ravelry, no account needed

Northern Lights Mittens, sock yarn mittens with a twist-stitch "ribbon" up the back


One size, to fit an average woman's hand.
Yarn: Knit Picks Hawthorne, 1 skein, or about 250 yards of fingering weight yarn.

$4 on Ravelry, no account needed.

I hope you love this collection as much as I do! I wear that sweater all the time; I think it's my favorite one ever. So comfy and cute! 

No comments:

Post a Comment