Friday, June 28, 2013

All of the things.

I've been doing a lot (a lot!) of design work lately. Perhaps I haven't told you, but... I have a sweater pattern coming out in the Fall issue of Holla Knits! I am seriously over the moon. But of course, now that I have a bunch of knitting that I must do, I of course want to cast on all of the things. Like these.

1. Tadpole by Katie Boyette, from Petite Purls Summer 2009
I want to make it for my still-cooking nephew, who we loving refer to as "The Avocado." Because every kid needs a stuffed submarine. Duh.

photo by Brandy Fortune

2. #32 Cropped Jacket by Jacqueline van Dillen, from Vogue Knitting Early Fall 2013
Not a fan of cropped styles, but as this is knit top-down it will be so easy to make longer. I love, love, love it. I will likely go with navy and white, because I actually can't help it. Plus then it will easily fit in with my nautical wardrobe.

photo by Vogue Knitting

3. Admiral's Knot Halter by Ashley Rao from Interweave Knits, Summer 2013
This one seems tricky. The construction is wild, but so clever. My only issue with it is I'm not sure how to wear the um, appropriate undergarments with it. Once I figure it out I'm totally making it.

photo by Interweave Press

4. Gradient Pullover by Amy Miller, from knit.wear Spring 2013
I am a sucker for anything a) coral, and b) ombre. This looks like a sweater that's easy to wear, which sounds goofy, because it's just a sweater, but so many of the things I've knitted are hard to wear. They're tricky to style, or sleeveless wool (I've learned that lesson now), or too fancy, or something. This, however: easy.

photo by interweave knits

5. Slip Stitch Dishtowels from Purl Soho
Is it weird that I want to knit dishtowels? I totally do.

photo by PurlSoho

6. Blush by Kessa Tay Anlin
I actually already made one of these, but it was before I was the awesome Knitter I am today, and it doesn't fit as well as I'd like. Also, I used yarn that drives me bonkers with the itchy. So I want to try again and do a better job. It's a cute, versatile vesty-thing, and I like it. 

photo by Kessanlin

7. Toulouse Pullover by Leah B. Thibault, from Knitscene Winter 2012
Love this. Love the bow, love the fit, love the idea. Plus it's mostly stockinette, which is often totally what I need. Plain stockinette makes me feel better about life. I know, I'm weird.

photo from Knitscene

So, I want to make all of these, plus like eleventy million other things that I don't have to design while I knit. I think I just need to do a better job of always having one thing on the needles that is not coming from my own head. I think my sanity would like that.


No comments:

Post a Comment