Sunday, June 3, 2012

Oh, you didn't know I sew, too?

Well, I do:


I made a baby quilt for my favoritest baby ever. My mom got this fantastic quilt pattern called Animal Alphabet, and it was so wonderful that I knew I had to have it, too. 



I got a new (badly needed) sewing machine for my birthday a couple of weeks ago. It can do free-motion quilting, which is something my starter machine could only dream of. Naturally, I promptly made a free-motion-quilted quilt.


With five of the cutest animals from the pattern. I enlarged them a bit to make them more awesome.


Free-motion quilting has a really steep learning curve. There may or may not be a couple of spots around the iguana that are less awesome than the rest of the quilt.


I did not point those out when I gifted the quilt.


But I don't think it matters, anyway. It's ridiculously cute. I kind of thought about keeping it for myself, but as I no longer require tummy time, it seemed silly. Next for the new machine: a swimsuit. Oooh, ambitious, I know. What is a new sewing machine for, if not epic failure? We'll see how it turns out. For now, wine and knitting. Just for a change of pace. 

No comments:

Post a Comment